This course aims to develop the necessary skills and understanding to develop local volunteers in the police service.
This five day course is aimed at Community Police Officers and in particular junior and middle managers, to improve their skills and understanding of the benefits of developing opportunities for local people to volunteer with the police.
Held at a fully appointed and convenient location, the course will offer participants the opportunity to discuss various civic volunteering schemes from around the world, develop the skills that will enable them to implement schemes that utilise the skills and experience of local people to support the police to make their community safer.
• Understand why members of the community volunteer with police
• Gain an understanding of other volunteering schemes around the world
• Have a knowledge of how to recruit volunteers and match them to roles
• Have an understanding of how to lead and manage volunteer programmes
• Develop a toolkit to assist in setting up and run a volunteering programme
• Identify partner organisations that can assist with volunteering programmes
The course is made up of the following units:
Citizens in Policing – background to citizens in policing programmes
Understanding how to conduct and develop a SWOT analysis regarding volunteering with the police
Effective ways to recruit and manage volunteers
Leading and managing Volunteers: Workshop on Metropolitan Police; 6 principles of leadership.
Harnessing the enthusiasm of the young
Identify and engage with partner organisations that can help with volunteering programmes
No Reviews found for this course.