Aimed at Community Police Officers to improve their skills and understanding in engaging local communities to prevent crime and improve confidence in policing. This course will enable Community Police Officers to design and implement local engagement strategies.
The course considers practical examples from around the world with the focus on students working to use knowledge gained in the course to devise a strategy for engaging their own community. The approach used will actively engage students research and compile local engagement profiles, evaluate practical case studies and through group activities work to improve and refine strategies to devise an engagement plan to implement locally. Students will
understand the way that community engagement can assist community police officers to advise the public of their work, gain and understanding of issues of concern, advise them of their achievements and future activities. The end result should be for officers to be able to reduce crime, increase confidence in the Police and gain public support for their activities.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the theories of community engagement from across the world
- Understand importance of community engagement in policing
- Describe the role in problem solving
- Be able to assess and evaluate different ways of engaging communities
- Research and compile community engagement profiles
- Develop engagement strategies that will work in Abu Dhabi
- Devise a local engagement plan
No Reviews found for this course.