This course is aimed at Community Police Officers, and in particular junior and middle managers, to improve their understanding of managing events and activities for young people.
The course program will work through a number of practical examples around the world and the focus will be on students working to use knowledge gained in the course to address real issues of concern to them. The approach used will reduce the amount of lecture time. Where possible, exercises will be used instead so that activities can be carried out to assist in cross group learning. Youth engagement is seen as a key policing strategy for tackling crime and anti-social behaviour carried out by young people in the UK and falls within the context of community policing.
The course will outline the contribution different forms of engagement through events and activities with young people can make to reducing youth related crime and anti-social behaviour. It will also lay out some basic principles and a basic framework to define and shape the opportunities available in Abu Dhabi.
To understand the way that managing events and activities for young people can assist in reducing demand, reducing crime, reducing the fear of crime and increasing public confidence whilst also providing an overview of events, activities and programmes of work that operate in the United Kingdom and around the world.
By the end of the course you will have a greater understanding of how Youth programmes can assist modern day policing by:
- Understanding how young people develop and the risk factors that exist in determining if a young person is likely to follow a path of criminality and how the problem solving model links in with youth diversionary programmes.
- Understanding how youth programmes currently work both in the United Kingdom and around the world, and learn from these examples.
- Understand how partnership working is a key element to making these programmes a success, and what opportunities exist in Abu Dhabi.
- Understanding the risk assessment process to apply when running youth based events and activities.
- Developing an effective Monitoring system and understanding the significance of monitoring and evaluating the impact on the lives of young people.
- Developing a basic framework and action plan that you can take back into the workplace
No Reviews found for this course.