Students will learn the role of the first responder when arriving at the scene of a sports injury, what the priorities are in first aid and how to manage the incident.
Individuals will learn about the necessary equipment required, how and who to communicate to, and infection prevention and control. The course will also cover shock, casualty movement, what to do if a patient is unresponsive and the various types of injuries that can be sustained and how to deal with these. In the latter part of the week students will look at patient handover and the correct use of documentation using the SAMPLE principle.
Aims and Objectives:
This course will teach students the basics of how to deal with the type of injuries and medical emergencies that can happen during sporting activities.
At the end of the course the student/participant will be able to:
- Understand the basis of First aid in relation to sports injuries
- Identify the vital signs and diagnosis of sports injuries
- Understand the equipment and tools needed for initial first aid as a first repsonder
- How to identify and deal with potential critical situations in order to save lives
- The communication required in these types of incidents
- Ensure the safety and security of the injured
No Reviews found for this course.