A five day course introducing participants to the use of Forensic Evidence in Criminal Investigations
A five day course intended for Police Officers who are part of the criminal investigative process. The material can be adapted to address first responders through to those carrying out investigations. The course utilises a number of case studies, including the Anthony Hardy “Camden Ripper” murders, demonstrating successes and missed opportunities. In addition to the traditional DNA, Fingerprinting, Body Fluid, Dental Impressions etc the course introduces Cyber Forensics and their use in solving Physical and Cyber crimes.
- To introduce students to the concept of forensic investigation
- To describe and explain traditional forensic methods
- To link Forensic evidence to the practical Investigation
- To introduce the concept of Cyber Forensics and show its use in “traditional” and Cyber Crime Investigations
- To introduce the skills necessary to utilise Forensic Evidence
The course is made up of the following units:
Introduction and Administration
Traditional Forensics and their History
Cyber Forensics and their uses
Applying Forensic Evidence to Investigations
No Reviews found for this course.