This course is aimed at paramedic first responders to improve personal and public safety when attending emergency situations by motorcycle.
This five day course for paramedics promotes the safe riding of motorcycles in operational response situations, examines their responsibilities and actions as the first responder to a scene as well as first aid considerations.
Held at a fully appointed and convenient location, this course will benefit those who have the responsibility for attending emergency situations promptly and with due regard to public safety.
Aims and Objectives
This course, aimed primarily at paramedic first responders, will improve student’s personal and public safety when attending emergency situations by motorcycle.
At the end of the course the student/participant will be able to:
- Describe the actions of a first responder at scene
- Demonstrate use of the SAD CHALET principles
- Describe the Safety considerations of a first responder
- Describe the Triage considerations for a paramedic first on scene of an incident
- Explain the dynamic risk assessment process
The course is made up of the following units:
Motorcycle skills for paramedics
Riding safety and equipment checks
Actions of first responder at scene
First Aid consideration
Triage (Casualty assessment)
Practical training for riding motorcycles
Protecting the scene
No Reviews found for this course.