This course is aimed at students from all departments or backgrounds and provides an overview and awareness regarding Health and Safety in the workplace and in modern day policing. The course will demonstrate how it impacts on every individual regardless of their workplace environment, whether they are front line operational officers or office based support staff.
This five day course sets out the legal obligations on staff in terms of Health and Safety issues and provides them with the skills to identify hazards in their workplace, conduct and document risk assessments and introduce control measures to reduce the risk of harm to both themselves and others using recognised systems.
Held at a fully appointed and convenient location, the course will be tailored to meet the specific needs of the target audience depending on their working background.
Aims and Objectives
Students will develop an awareness of health and safety in the workplace and how this impacts on them and others
At the end of the course the student/participant will be able to:
- Understand the need for Health & Safety in the workplace and in particular the importance for Health & Safety in modern day policing;
- Understand Health & Safety definitions;
- Be able to identify different types of hazards in the workplace;
- Understand and be able to undertake a Health & safety Risk assessment;
- Understand the Hierarchy of Control and implement Control Measures to minimise risk;
- Develop and maintain a risk register; and
- Understand the need to investigate workplace accidents and incidents and to learn from them.
No Reviews found for this course.