This five day course sets will help students develop the skills to develop, enhance and deliver strategic plans and approaches when working in Community police. It will practically consider how operations are organised and designed and the best way of ensuring they align with the needs of the community, organisation and staff involved.
As well as business improvement approaches such as Six Sigma and Total Quality the course will consider process and project control and management and how these can fit and support with organisation objectives and direction.
The course will use a number of exercises and simulations to enable participants to consider real world problems and approaches. Students will practice presenting their ideas and arguing for their strategic approach as well as the mechanics of developing the systems and processes to deliver high performance in community police.
Aims and Objectives
Students will be able to develop and design strategies for use in their workplace which will enhance performance in Community Police.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Explain key success factors for community police
- Describe the concept of Planning strategy and its properties
- Discuss the role of Vision and Mission in strategy
- Develop the concept of priority in business planning especially the difference between community and organisational priorities and how these should be aligned
- Explain the role of partnerships in delivering strategic outcomes for community police
- Set targets for a task, process, project or methodology
- Evaluate and identify results for a task, process, project or methodology
- Plan Operational programmes of action for community police and community partnerships
- Implement operational plans
- Forecast constraints and develop plans to avoid them
- Identify and monitor critical success criteria
- Record actions and control methods used and communicate these to others
|Day five||Day four||Day three||Day two||Day one|
|Recap day 4Course presentations of learning by students||Re-cap day 3Communities, the Police and PerformanceIdentifying community needs. Risk assessing issues and prioritising||Re-cap day 2Strategic simulation exercise – Operations and Strategic success||Re-cap day 1 Introduction to Project and Process ManagementProcesses, management and their use.||Introduction Aims/ObjectiveIntroduction to strategic planning – Vision Mission and Values, Performance indicators, and the planning cycle|
|Review of CourseDebrief and learning check||Strategic simulation exercise – Community perspectives, risks and priorities||Ethical implications of performance managementManaging performance information and MVV (Values)||Process design exercise||Planning exercise and debrief|
|Certificates etc.||Strategic simulation exercise – Community perspectives, risks and priorities||Strategic simulation exercise – Designing a performance framework||Projects and project management exercise||Strategic simulation exercise – Analysis and data|
|Partnership working in Community PoliceJig saw Exercise to consider partnership working why it works and fails||Introduction to Managing OperationsOperations and strategy. Introduction to tools (MVV, PESTEL and SWOT, Risk assessment) and Quality in systems and operations (EFQM and TQM)||Strategic simulation exercise – Mission, Vision and values|
No Reviews found for this course.