This course examines how police officers and partners can establish and deliver a safer schools partnership.
Course Description for Marketing
This five day course examines the benefits of engaging young people in policing and works through a number of cases studies relating to formal and informal engagement strategies to enable students to use knowledge gained in the course to be able to engage young people in a meaningful way.
The course focuses on the sue of Safer schools Partnerships and Police officers working in schools. It will provide all the basic skills to establish and operate a safer schools partnership
- Understand how young people develop and can be helped to make the right choices
- Identify the risk factors that lead to crime and disorder and understand the protective factors that can prevent crime
- Identify how partner agencies can help police
- Work and test strategies to engage young people
- Develop practical programme to engage young people
- Understand school priorities and how to work with them
- Carry out restorative justice approaches
- Develop school safety plans
- Engage young people in solving problems
Modules and Units
The course is made up of the following units:
|The theories of cognitive development|
|The importance of working with partner agencies||Understanding of universal targeted and specialist engagement programmes|
|Engagement approaches||Develop an understanding of the different ways of engaging with young people and understanding their issues in relation to social media and the internet|
|Strategies for engaging with young people|
|Action Planning||Develop an action plan for engaging young people and identifying partner agencies to work with|
Accredited to Deliver
© Copyright The London Policing College 2014
No Reviews found for this course.