This course examines the relationship between tourism and crime and how to adapt policing styles to manage the risks to tourists.
The course enables officers develop the skills, strategies and problem solving approaches to reduce the risks of crime, manage crime and incidents when they occur and work effectively with partners to improve the experience of tourists. The course uses a number of visits, case studies and exercises to allow officers to develop skills to use in the workplace. This course will benefit those involved with tourism and working towards reducing the risk of associated crime.
• Reduce the risks of crime being committed against tourists
• Improve the experience of tourists
• Reduce the risks from tourists and visitors committing crimes
• Reduce the risks to tourists and visitors when driving, traveling or engaging in other activities
• Understand the relationship between tourism and crime and how to adapt policing styles to manage this
• Understand the key partners and how to work with them
The course is made up of the following units:
Tourism and police
Crime prevention and developing reduction strategies
Risk management and major events
Confidence in policing
Implementing crime reduction strategies
No Reviews found for this course.