This course is aimed at managers to improve their ability to engage with young people and address their needs when dealing with the police.
This five day course is aimed at Community Police Officers and in particular junior and middle managers, to improve their skills and understanding on the how to engage with young people and ensure that young victims of crime are treated in a sensitive manner.
Held at a fully appointed and convenient location, this course will offer participants the opportunity to discuss various engagements programmes from around the world. It will also outline methods for dealing with young victims and offenders in an appropriate manner to reduce future offending. Officers develop the skills to implement programmes and tactics to ensure young victims are treated fairly and all young people feel they can approach the Police.
• Understand the issues that young victims of crime face
• Implement a mediation programme when dealing with young victims.
• Understand how young people want to engage with the police
• Implement and lead engagement programmes
• Develop a toolkit to assist others to set up and run a engagement programme
• Identify a framework to alleviate risk when dealing with young people
• Identify partner organisations that can assist with engagement programmes
The course is made up of the following units:
Dealing with Children
Introduction to Youth Engagement
Problem Solving (Young People)
No Reviews found for this course.